Pages

Monday 8 June 2020

Early Encounters in Aotearoa

Today in Hur1 we learned about Early Encounters in Aotearoa, and like my other blog post. The last one was about the Maori arriving and this one is about what they named the land. How they battled, Musket wars and how they arriving.

 It trundles out there are more Maori people then Pakeha. The Maori people had 40 well, the Pakeha people had 1. In 1642 was the year they arriving.

Next question was the name that they gave the land - New Zealand - They named it Nouveau Zelandia.

Something that they had war with was a Musket. A Musket is a gun like rifle, They had wars with them that ended in late 1830's.


But the last question is What did the Europeans brought to Aotearoa, They brought Pigs,Potatoes,Rats and Diseases.
Here is a photo of Abel Tasman and James Cook


Abel Tasman - WikipediaImage result for james cook

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you expressed your responses to the questions. It shows an original approach to
    presenting the information and makes it good to read. Well done with the images you chose. Ka pai!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.