Pages

Friday 30 August 2019

The Amazon Rainforest Fires

We have been doing lots of information gathering about the fires burning in the Amazon Rainforest. Once we gathered the information we learnt how to create a piece of opinion writing. It was really good to be able to explain how I felt. Here's my information/facts

It has been 1 month and 1 week when the fire started.
Teams of 30 trying to patrol the entire city and its outskirt.  
500,000 people on the front line of the battle against the worst amazon fires.
The citizens of the world, including European and United Nations leaders, are worried.
70 billion tonnes of harmful carbon dioxide, benefiting the entire planet.
And when it is 2.pm in amazon it is dark.
then here's what I am feeling
I feel devastated and sad that they aren’t thinking about the air, the plants, the trees and the animals. I think this because there are more than 5 million animals in the amazon forest. And did you know that the citizens of the world, including European and United Nations leaders, are worried, because 70 billion tonnes of harmful carbon dioxide, is entering the atmosphere which will affect the entire planet.Teams of 30 of helpers are trying to patrol the entire city’s outskirts because of the fire and the smoke. When it is 2.pm in amazon it is dark like pitch black. Another reason why I feel devastated is that there is 500,000 people on the front lines of the battle against the worst Amazon fires, because its dry season for them. These people are in danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.