Pages

Wednesday 19 May 2021

NZ inventors

 Research a New Zealand inventor and I did Ernest Rutherford


What? He split/cut an atom


Who? Ernest Rutherford


When? In 1918 he split a atom


Why? He was doing random stuff in his lab and he split a atom and made it into a place where you can go to.


Tell me an interesting fact about this person. He is known for his radioactivity and the cutting of the atom. He discovered that there was two types of radiation, alpha particles and beta particles. He did studies to discover more.


Ernest Rutherford - Biographical - NobelPrize.org

This is him 


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Shyne. Well done on this great research. I like the way that you have used subtitles and put the answers into your own words.
    Sir Ernest Rutherford is one of our greatest scientists and did indeed split the atom. But it didn't make a place that we can go into! Splitting an atom releases energy which can be useful for generating heat.
    Keep working hard.
    Mrs Hastie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.