Pages

Tuesday 6 July 2021

Ginger Beer.

 Aim: To look at how yeast is used in foods

Equipment 

  • Spoons
  • Kettle
  • Bowl
  • Beaker
  • Cloth Sieve
  • Funnel
Plastic (PET) bottle and cap

Materials

Bug

  • 200ml warm water 
  • 2 tsp active dried yeast
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
Ginger beer for 1 litre
  • 3/4 cups of sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1L of cold water
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon 
  • 1 tsp ginger beer bug
Method
  1. In a large bowl, put the sugar and cream of tartar, then add the warm water
  2. Stir to dissolve the sugar before adding the cold water
  3. Add the ginger beer bug to a large bowl of cold water
  4. Stir well and then pour into your clean bottle
  5. Label your bottle with your group names
  6. Place all the bottle in the class container
  7. Store in a cool, dark place for 2 weeks before drinking
  8. Make sure you open some where like over the sink because it dose over flow
don't leave it over a 6 days it can go bad

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.